Town of St Armands Board Meetings
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
August 20, 3013
A Zoning Committee Meeting of the Town of St. Armand was held on the above date at the Town Hall, Bloomingdale, NY.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT:
Town Supervisor Charles Whitson, Jr., Deputy Supervisor Samuel A. Grimone, Councilperson Donald Amell, Councilperson Jennifer Fuller, Councilperson Earl J. Dakin, Volunteer Patrick Finnegan, Volunteer Alexis Gill, Volunteer Ray Tempestili
TOWN EMPLOYEES PRESENT:
Town Clerk Davina Thurston, Code Enforcement Officer, Robert Drosdowich
TOWN EMPLOYEES PRESENT:
Richard Stavenhagen, Gene Reynolds, Mary Reynolds, Joe Bates, Tom Burman, Diane McKeough, Judith Jones, Carolyn Trudeau, Richard Trudeau, Betty Ann Benware, Amanda Irvine,
Notice was sent to the Adirondack Daily Enterprise regarding this meeting.
Town Supervisor Charles Whitson, Jr. called the board meeting to order at 6:40 p.m.
Supervisor Whitson led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Supervisor Whitson opened the Meeting by stating that this is a work session for the Committee Members, and therefore, he stated that no audience member could speak during the discussion. Supervisor Whitson informed the audience that they would each have a chance to speak to the committee for a five minuet time period after the Committee had reached their work session goals for the evening.
Town Clerk Davina Thurston began the work session by asking the Committee if they approved the "Mission Statement" for the Committee. After discussion, it was agreed to accept the Mission Statement as written. Davina then led the Committee members through the packet that was given to them for review. The following is a condensed version of the outcome of the discussion:
TOWN OF ST. ARMAND ZONING/PLANNING COMMITTEE.
LIST OF POTENTIAL LOCAL LAWS
1. Burning Garbage / Garbage piles / Scrap piles / Junk - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
2. Junk Cars/Inoperable Motor Vehicle - NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME
3. Compost/ carcasses - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
4. Livestock - includes miniature varieties: - ALL SHOULD BE INCLUDED
A. Chickens, Ducks, Peacocks, Geese, Pheasants and other fowl
B. Pigs, hogs, boars and other swine
C. Horses, Mules, Donkeys and other equine
D. Goats, sheep, antelopes and domesticated deer or other horned animal
F. Cows, Bulls, Bison and other bovine species
H. Llamas, alpacas other ruminants
5. Manure/odors - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
6. Trees - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
7. Sewage - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
8. Manufacturing - ENCOURAGE & REGISTER ONLY
9. Home Business - ENCOURAGE & REGISTER ONLY
10. Noise - NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME
11. Setbacks - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
12. Fencing - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
13. Un-sided Houses - NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME
14. Infestation - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
15. Campers rented as living quarters - NOT A PRIORITY AT THIS TIME
16. Repair or Removal of Unsafe Structures - THIS SHOULD BE INCLUDED
After the above discussion was concluded, it was agreed that Davina would prepare a new document/manual with the changes and would provide this packet at the next Regular Board Meeting on September 10, 2013. The next Zoning Committee Meeting will be held on September 24, 2013, thus giving everyone time to review the updated information before the meeting.
Supervisor Whitson then asked the audience for their questions, concerns and comments. The following individuals spoke about issues that concern them: Carol Trudeau, Judy Jones, Tom Burman, Betty Ann Benware, Chris Coleman, Mary Reynolds, Gene Reynolds, and Rick Stavenhagen.
MOTION TO ADJOURN
Supervisor Whitson adjourned the meeting at 9:05 pm.
I, Davina M. Thurston, Town Clerk for the Town of St. Armand, do hereby certify that the above is a true and correct transcript of the Special Board meeting minutes held on the above-referenced date.